Ready to learn something about polyglot programming? This thursday 23 at 19:00 (Spanish time zone) we will have Guillaume Laforge talking about Groovy and What's make Groovy groovy.
Groovy is not a newcomer to the arena of alternative languages for the JVM. With over 1.7 million downloads a year, it's clearly ahead of the pack. But what makes it a great choice for your projects?
- a flat learning curve for Java developers
- a malleable & concise syntax fit for Domain-Specific Languages
- an interesting take on type safety
- its seamless Java integration where you can mix & mash Groovy & Java together
- its rich ecosystem of projects: Grails, Gradle, GPars, Spock, Griffon, Geb...
In this session, we'll see how this all fits together in the big Groovy picture, when and where you can use Groovy, and how you can take advantage of Groovy in boosting your productivity!
The session will be driven by Guillaume Laforge. He is the project lead of the Groovy project, a dynamic language for the JVM. He works for Pivotal. Guillaume co-authored the Groovy in Action book, and he's speaking regularly at conferences around the world on Groovy, Gaelyk, Domain-Specific Languages and any Groovy-related topic.
This session will be given online from our youtube channel starting at 19:00. So remember, this Thursday to connect to BarcelonaJUG Youtube channel and be ready to learn not only basic concepts but advanced concepts of Groovy.
See you there!